HANCEVILLE, Ala.–The Wallace State Community College Alumni Association is accepting nominations for the 2013 Outstanding Alumni Awards. Outstanding alumni will be recognized for their exceptional accomplishments in their profession and/or for outstanding service in the community. Nominations are also being accepted for the Promising Alumni Award for 2013.
Nominees must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Outstanding Alumni Award:
• Wallace State graduate with an associate degree, certificate or diploma;
• Demonstrated achievement within their field of work or expertise;
• Significant community-based service as a board member or key volunteer at community or non-profit agencies, hospitals, schools, etc.; and
• Preferred – Demonstrated commitment to Wallace State Community College. This commitment may include philanthropic contributions, volunteer service, service as an employee, or other methods of commitment to the College.
Nominees must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Promising Alumni Award:
• Wallace State student (must have completed 48 semester hours or more of college level coursework) or recent graduate (within the last five years);
• Demonstrated achievement within their major or program; and
• Preferred – Demonstrated commitment to Wallace State Community College. This commitment may include philanthropic contributions, volunteer service, leadership as a student, or other methods of commitment to the College.
The Outstanding Alumni Awards will be presented during the Outstanding Alumni Recognition Ceremony during the Fall semester. Five alumni will be honored – one from each division, an overall winner, and one Promising Alumni – and all alumni nominated will be recognized.
Nomination forms are available online at www.wsccalumni.org. For more information, contact LaDonna Allen at 256.352.8071 or Ladonna.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations must be received by July 15, 2013 for consideration.
Director, Communications & Marketing
Wallace State Community College
P.O. Box 2000, Hanceville, AL 35077
1-866-350-9722 256-352-8118 direct
256-352-8314 fax 256-339-2519 cell
Visit us online at www.wallacestate.edu