HANCEVILLE, Ala. — The Wallace State Community College Alumni Association is now accepting nominations for its annual Outstanding Alumni and Promising Alumni Awards. All of the nominees will be recognized during the Outstanding Alumni Recognition Ceremony on Aug. 12.
“We are blessed to have so many wonderful people as alumni of Wallace State,” said LaDonna Allen, Alumni Coordinator of the Alumni Association. “Our goal with the Outstanding Alumni and Promising Alumni Awards is to recognize those people who have made significant contributions in their field or through other efforts, be it through charity, volunteerism or other actions aimed at helping their community.”
Five of the nominees will be honored during the recognition ceremony, one from each division (Academic, Health and Technical), the Promising Alumni, and an overall winner. Kathy Wilson, the 2013 Outstanding Alumni winner, will present the awards for 2014.
Nominees for the Outstanding Alumni Award must meet the following criteria for consideration:
– Wallace State graduate with an associate degree, certificate or diploma or with a minimum of 30 semester hours of college credit;
– Demonstrated achievement within their field of work or expertise;
– Significant community-based service as a board member or key volunteer at community non-profit agencies, hospitals, schools, etc.; and
– Preferred – Demonstrated commitment to Wallace State Community College. This commitment may includes philanthropic contributions, volunteer service, service as an employee, or other methods of commitment to the college.
Nominees for the Promising Alumni Award must meet the following criteria for consideration:
– Wallace State student (must have 30 semester hours or more of college level coursework) or recent graduate (within the last five years);
– Demonstrated development within their major or program; and
– Preferred – Demonstrated commitment to Wallace State Community College. This commitment may include philanthropic contributions, volunteer service, leadership as a student, or other methods of commitment to the college.
“If you recognize these qualities in a former Wallace State alum, please consider nominating them for the Outstanding Alumni or Promising Alumni so they can be honored by their colleagues and peers,” Allen said.
Nominations must be received or postmarked by July 15 for consideration. The preferred method of submission is via the Alumni Association website at http://wsccalumni.org/2014outstanding. Applications sent by mail should be returned to Outstanding Alumni Award Committee; c/o LaDonna Allen, Alumni Coordinator; Wallace State Community College; P.O. Box 2000, Hanceville, AL 35077-2000.