HANCEVILLE, Ala. — The deadline for nominating a friend, family member or co-worker for an Outstanding Alumni or Promising Alumni award from the Wallace State Community College Alumni Association is fast approaching. July 15 is the last day to turn in nominees for the annual awards presentation.
Nominees and award winners will be recognized at the Outstanding Alumni Recognition Ceremony on Aug. 12 at the college. Five of the nominees will be presented awards during the recognition ceremony, one from each division (Academic, Health and Technical), the Promising Alumni, and an overall Outstanding Alumni winner. Kathy Wilson, the 2013 Outstanding Alumni winner, will present the awards for 2014.
Nominees for the Outstanding Alumni Award should meet the following criteria for consideration:
– Former Wallace State student with an associate degree, certificate or diploma or with a minimum of 30 semester hours of college credit;
– Demonstrated achievement within their field of work or expertise;
– Significant community-based service as a board member or key volunteer at community non-profit agencies, hospitals, schools, etc.; and
– Preferred – Demonstrated commitment to Wallace State Community College. This commitment may include philanthropic contributions, volunteer service, service as an employee, or other methods of commitment to the college.
Nominees for the Promising Alumni Award must meet the following criteria for consideration:
– Wallace State student (must have 30 semester hours or more of college level coursework) or recent graduate (within the last five years);
– Demonstrated development within their major or program; and
– Preferred – Demonstrated commitment to Wallace State Community College. This commitment may include philanthropic contributions, volunteer service, leadership as a student, or other methods of commitment to the college.
Nominations must be received or postmarked by July 15 for consideration. The preferred method of submission is via the Alumni Association website at http://wsccalumni.org/2014outstanding. Applications sent by mail should be returned to Outstanding Alumni Award Committee; c/o LaDonna Allen, Alumni Coordinator; Wallace State Community College; P.O. Box 2000, Hanceville, AL 35077-2000.
Communications and Marketing
Wallace State Community College