HANCEVILLE — The University of Alabama at Birmingham will offer two outstanding Wallace State Community College students a UAB Presidential Scholarship, which will cover the cost of tuition and academic-related fees for four semesters beginning the 2017 Fall Semester.
The application packet should be turned in to Wallace State’s Financial Aid office by Feb. 17. Visit the Other Scholarship Opportunities section of the Wallace State Financial Aid page for more information and to download the application.
In order to qualify the nominee must meet the following criteria:
- The student must apply and be admitted to UAB by March 1st
- The student must have earned as associate’s degree at the end of the spring semester before the fall semester in which they enroll. (An official transcript must be provided, indicating graduation date.)
- The student must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 (non-transferrable coursework will not be calculated in the GPA)
- The student cannot have any 4-year institution credit (exception: courses taken while enrolled in high school)
- The student cannot be a former degree-seeking student from UAB
- The student must be an Alabama resident
- The student must be willing to assist with transfer recruitment events and efforts as a transfer ambassador for UAB (estimate: 2-3 hours a week; event examples: tours, Community College visits, Transfer UAB Day)
For more information about this and other scholarship opportunities at Wallace State, contact your student advisor or Financial Aid at 256.352.8182 or visit www.wallacestate.edu.