HANCEVILLE, Ala. — The Wallace State Community College Department of Nursing will be offering free health screenings for area residents on Wednesday, July 11, from 8 a.m. to noon in the lobby of the Bailey Center on the Hanceville campus.
The CELEBRATE Adult Health and Wellness Fair is free and open to the public. It is geared to adults 18 and up and will have at least nine different stations participants can give visit to get evaluations and information on a variety of health-related topics.
At the stations, participants can learn about:
- potential interactions with the medications they are taking, whether they’re prescribed, over-the-counter or even supplements;
- exercises they can do at home;
- vision screening and safe driving tips;
- vital statistics such as blood pressure, heart rate, pulse oximetry and blood sugar;
- relaxation techniques;
- smoking cessation;
- documenting personal and medical history
- signs of a heart attack or stroke
- cholesterol screening; and
- bone density screening
“We invite everyone to come out and get free screenings and information on ways they can improve their health, learn about preventative measures and more,” said Amy Burtram, a nursing instructor at Wallace State. “Come for yourself or to get information for a loved one.”
Burtram said representatives of Cullman Regional will perform free cholesterol and bone density screenings.
For more information about the event, please contact Burtram at 256.352.8062 or email@example.com.